Sunday, October 12, 2008

# 91


I get a little tired of getting on the scale every day and watching my weight fluctuate a half a pound here and 2 pounds there. For better or worse. When I started my Healthy Competition 5 weeks ago, I thought this would be a good time to stay off the scale. Rather than watching myself loose a half a pound at the time, I thought I'd like to get on the scale after a month and see 5 pounds gone...so much more rewarding than the little bits here and there.

So I got on the scale when my month was up and to my surprise and excitement, I had lost 11 pounds. I was certainly not expecting anything close to that. And since then, I've been back on the scale daily. Some days I weigh a little more, others a little less. Over all, I think I've lost another pound since then. But getting on the scale daily is driving me bonkers (yet I'm addicted). I think I'm going to try and stay off the scale more often. A whole month was killing me, but maybe two weeks. I love seeing big results much more than small.

4 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! :) I, too, love the big surprise, but it is hard to stay off of it. Great job! :)

jeanine said...

Way to go!!!

Shalece said...

Way to go! Good job! That is awesome. And inspiring :)

Autumn said...

Way way way to go. So good! When I saw the one with a pregnant girl and "in progress" I about died. I hadn't remember seeing "get pregnant" in your original list. HA!