Sunday, October 12, 2008

# 83...in progress...

I know it's lame that I have to make a goal to communicate with my brothers 6 measley times per year. Even just six time is pathetic. I get along great with both my brothers. I love them. And when we're together, we always have a great time. So why is it that I have such a hard time picking up the phone and giving them a call. It's just not a habit, but it should be.

I keep updated on their lives through their blogs and my mom. I need to talk to them first hand. Sorry guys...you're one of my goals.

September '08: This is an easy time to remember to chat with Jeff. Both of our birthdays are the same week. (Me 27, Jeff 24) It was just a short conversation, but always fun to hear from Jeff.

September '08: Mike called me...I'm counting it. He was watching the Buckeye game and we only get basic television. He had to give me a few play by plays on how bad the Bucks were doing against Ohio University of all teams. Don't worry. We turned it around and won the game.

August '08: Spencer was gone at stake priesthood meeting. The crazies were asleep. I gave Mike a call. Him and I have such different interests. Sometimes conversation lulls. Not the case this night. We chatted forever. We talked about old friends and fun memories and Dad. I could have talked to Mike all night. I really missed him after this conversation. In fact, when Spencer came home and I was STILL on the phone with him, I was shocked to realize we'd been talking for well over an hour.


June '08: I got to see Mike in Utah. He took us to dinner and the farm.












August '08: I called Jeff. He's spending the summer in San Diego and finding a way to live life to it's fullest...as usual.

4 comments:

jeanine said...

Good job! I usually keep in touch with my sisters pretty well... but I don't think I've talked to Amy in weeks. I better get on that.

Danielle said...

Katie, I really and truly just love your fun personality! I am already thinking this could be a great interest group for the ward...what great goals. We REALLY need to hang out-Lisa and I want to visit you next Wednesday but we thought it would be more fun to go out to dinner instead of just a house visit...what do you think? I will be checking back with your goal progress...=)

Jenn Borland said...

Hello Katie! This is Jenn Borland (Betham)! Your blogs are fabulous! I love your hair too! Hope things are going well with you...it looks like they are!

jeanine said...

So how are things going on your list?