Sunday, October 12, 2008

# 9

I found my retainer AND wore it every night for a month. I have a permanent retainer on my top teeth, but never wear my removable one on the bottom. My teeth have moved BIG TIME! I'm pretty proud of myself for this one. I almost quit several times. The first night, my teeth hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. They hurt all day for an entire week. It gave me headaches and kept me up at night. Spencer tried to talk me into dropping this goal.

I was so surprised at how quickly my teeth moved. By the end of the month, my retainer was actually fitting. My teeth look so much straighter. Ahhh....this is why I wore braces for three years. (Although it reminded me why I HATED it.)

I wish I could say I kept up this habit. I have not worn it once since the month was up. It is such an annoyance.

1 comment:

jeanine said...

this is one reason i'm glad that I never had braces and/or retainers.