Sunday, February 1, 2009

#84

I volunteer in Parker's classroom every Friday. In all honesty, I thought I would HATE it. I don't like teaching Primary and the very little patience I have for small kids gets used up on my own. But I volunteered because it's my sons class. I wanted to know what his teachers are like and who his friends are and what he's learning. And it turns out I love it for those reasons. I love watching Parker interact with his friends and teachers. I love seeing what his teachers are teaching and being able to reinforce that at home...in the same fashion he learns in school. I love being reassured at how bright Parker is. I love having a good relationship with Parker's teacher. Though I truly could not handle a preschool class for more than the hour and a half a week that I volunteer, I really love it.

Most of the time I work with a small group of kids and work on letters or numbers or shapes and colors. It depends on the kids and on the day.


This day, the letter of the week was 'M' and we all got mustache's.

No comments: