Sunday, February 1, 2009

#42

At one time, I had huge plans to start a childrens party supply business. It's still in the back of my mind, but I don't have the money or the guts to really get it started. But I did mention it to my friend Terin at one point and when her sons first birthday came around, she hired me to make a few things. She did a Dallas Cowboys theme. I made a t-shirt, an autograph book, and a birthday banner. I LOVED the banner. And had a good time making it. Though it's not an all out business, it is a start and I got paid to do it.

Besides that...I opened an Etsy shop. That really is a little business. Though it hasn't picked up at all like I hoped it would...the reason I'm chicken to start. But I'm really proud of myself for following through with it. That was the real reason behind this goal anyway. I love crafty things like this. It's not so much the craft that I enjoy as it is designing. I always tell myself I could do it and NEVER follow through. I finally followed through and I'm happy with my handbags...whether or not they sell.

***need to add pictures***

No comments: