Wednesday, August 6, 2008

# 21

As of today, I have folded laundry...on laundry day...for an entire month. WAHOO!

BEFORE

(Picture me wrinkling my nose...Bewitched style.)

AFTER

Ok, so it wasn't THAT easy. But...it's not so bad if I do it as I go. It only takes like 15 minutes per basket. But a whole days worth takes way longer. I used to always fold laundry. I have been so bad since Gray was born. Or more like...since I was pregnant with Gray. It's SO NICE to get clean clothes out of my closet, rather than from a basket of wadded up laundry.

My trick? I put the basket of clean clothes out in an annoying place...the middle of my living room, on my kitchen table, or on the kitchen counter. If I leave it there, rather than taking it upstairs...it gets folded real quick. I hope I can keep this up. I much prefer life this way.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Good idea. Folding clothes is one chore I have become very neglectful about. I need to put my basket in a place where I'd trip over it so I would be reminded.

Genn said...

Way to go on all of those goals you have accomplished already. I am with you on the laundry being so daunting. It has never been such an issue with me before, but ever since I have been pregnant this second time around, I can get the clothes washed, and dried, but then they go back in that basket and stay there for days! You inspire me. I will try to fold and put away as well!

Amanda B. said...

Awesome!! Folding laundry is a chore I can't stand, but can't stand not to do. I hate having baskets of unfolded laundry around so I do my best to do it as I go, or at least the same day. I think it comes from my childhood when (with 5 kids) we wouldn't always be good about doing our chores and we would end up with a MOUND of laundry taking over the couch. Drove me nuts, so I think it has been a goal to avoid that. It definitely feels good to know it is all put away and ready for use! :)

jeanine said...

Way to go! I've been working on this lately too... but I still have a load sitting in the dryer from Monday.